Image Map

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Making new friends



As you can see the nice weather broke today and we had a bit of rain, not very nice, but I managed to keep busy, I made a new friend in this little guy.


I have been trying to figure out how I could print my own fabrics for my knitting bags, I really want them to stand out. I had a little go at screen printing on a small scale but I can't seem to find any fabric paints that I could use in my local shops, so today I tried some lino printing with some basic Dylon fabric paint. I am not actually using proper lino at the moment so I will have to test it again when that gets here, but at the moment I like this style. Despite the fact that three of the fiver digits on my left hands have cuts on them.
I think the other option may be stenciling as this would also be cheap and easy to do, all I would need is a craft knife and some acetate, I already have stenciling brushes from my Mum.

Either way it seems I will be embracing my creative side more often. I really don't know why I didn't think of this sort of thing sooner, as a kid I was always crafting and making things, I guess deciding to do English Lit at university makes you think the written work is all you can do. Time to let my mind think visually for a while :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.