Image Map

Tuesday 25 May 2010

The Ingredients for Beautiful Knitting



A few weeks ago I mentioned that for my birthday I had decided to treat myself to some lovely hand dyed yarn from the States. Well they arrived this morning!
I am really looking forward to knitting with these, in fact I have been looking for patterns to knit them up into since I ordered them. They are from Fresh From The Cauldron which you can find on Etsy. Jen who dyes these up is truly a genius in my opinion, all her colourways are representative of a character in a book or film or suchlike and they are all really very good at matching the chosen characters.

My current love for The Southern Vampire Mysteries had me ordering a bit of sunshine with Sookie:
Isn't it pretty? The blonde of her hair with little flecks of blue for her eyes, it is a really pretty summery colourway and I am going to be knitting it into a shawl so I can enjoy it over the next few months. I ordered it in the super wash sock which is super wash merino wool which is really soft, and it looks great in the Shetland lace shawl or the Springtime Bandit shawl, so I will have to decide.

Obviously you can't have Sookie without a skein of some Viking with the Eric colourway:

This one is nice and brooding and again a great symbol for Eric, and this will also become a shawl. I have been scouring Ravelry to see what it looks like knitted up into certain patterns and it looks really good as the Multinomah, but I might go for an Ishbel, I am not quite sure.

In other news, I have nearly finished my second Berry sock :D
I have the toe to do and then voila! It has taken me long enough.


P.S. New background, feeling summery, like?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.