Image Map

Monday 19 March 2012

NOTD: Topshop Hidden Treasure

I feel like I haven't done of these for a while! I was avoiding wearing nail polish because my nails had taken a battering, but I am getting back into it now.

hiddentreasureedit


I first saw this polish on Fleur De Force's blog, a post featuring petrol polish dupes and comparing them to Chanel Peridot, but coming in at just £6 (and then minus a cheeky student discount) this was the obvious choice for a bargain dupe.
The next time I was in my local Toppers I grabbed a bottle, and had a full blown chat with the staff about it being a dupe, enlightening them as to why they had had a sudden increase in sales of the shade.

This is the first Topshop nail polish I have used, though not the first piece of Topshop makeup, and while I have found the rest of the range to be somewhat hit and miss, this polish hasn't disappointed! I applied it 4 days ago and there is barely any wear to the finish, for my nails this is a miracle, it isn't unusual for my polish to chip within a day.

The formula is a nice consistency, not too thick but not too watery, meaning you get full opaque coverage in two coats, and you don't have to be really careful to get those coats even. The only thing I would change would be to reverse the duochorome, I prefer the deeper blue green as opposed to the yellow green, and the yellow green is the shade that catches the light and is therefore dominant. Obviously this isn't possible, but it is something I often wish for with duochrome polishes.

I would definitely recommend you give Topshop polishes a try if you haven't before, I will giving them more consideration myself in future.

:) xo

2 comments :

  1. I brought this, this weekend and as soon as I got home I printed my nails and I loved it. Can't believe I waited so long to buy it but I am not lucky to have a Topshop in my town but this is one of the best dupes I have seen in a long time.

    Jem x
    http://preciousjems87@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. look fab!

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.