Image Map

Sunday 4 March 2012

Korres Blimey!!

korresblimey
Korres Lip Butters in Guava and Quince, and the
Watermelon Tinted Moisturiser swatched (left) and blended (right).

Before I received the January Carmine box I had been curious about Korres, but I had never tried any of their products. Then I spotted the discount voucher in the box and thought, why not!? I had been recommended the Watermelon Lightweight Tinted Moisturiser several months before by a friend but at the time I heard it was to be discontinued and resigned myself to never trying it myself.

After spotting the voucher I popped onto the House of Fraser site, had a little browse and lo and behold, there it was. I promptly popped the lightest shade 'Light Sand' in my cart, and added the Quince Lip Butter to bump me over the spending limit.

When I received the items I was very excited, Korres products are just impossible for me to swatch so I was a little disappointed the tinted moisturiser was a bit dark, but I know in the summer the shade will be perfectly fine (I have a little bit of MAC left and a whole tube of Laura Mercier for when I am paler) so I will have to review that at a later date when I can wear it regularly, but as an oil free formula I am sure it will be wonderful.
The real excitement was for the lip butter though, I am a lip balm junkie, and will have to do a collection video soon as I have about 25, and these lip butters are so popular in the blogging world that I was just praying they didn't disappoint. They really didn't! The Quince Lip Butter is oh so soft and has strong pigmentation much like the Sleek Pout Polishes, but with a light fruity scent which doesn't give me a headache.

After having so much success with the Quince lip butter, I knew I wanted more so when I spotted them in Waitrose last weekend I snapped up the Guava version, an untinted shade, so much more suitable for every day use, the Guava lip butter has another light fruity scent which is just delicious. The formulation is composed of both Shea Butter and Rice Wax which are supposed to provide deep hydration and so I would definitely recommend them as a slightly luxurious lip balm, especially if you are prone to particularly dry lips. I have tried other lip butters, in particular the ones from the Body Shop, but I would definitely choose these over their offerings, Korres just does the job so much better!

Korres is available from House of Fraser and the Tinted Moisturiser is priced at £19, the Lip Butters at £6 each.

Do you use any Korres products?

xo :)

4 comments :

  1. I really want to try Korres products! The lip butters look so fab, i really want to try them :) I never realised that they sold them in waitrose, the next time i am there i will definitely check them out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Korres products. The Guava lip butter is the only one I ever use, I think I've repurchased it about 5 times now!
    I also love the shower products, lemon & basil and vanilla & cinnamon are my favourites. They smell amazing! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is yet another need that the banks will have no sympathy for but Spot Invoice Discounting is made for.
    http://ceoworld.biz/ceo/2012/04/24/startups-invoice-factoring-your-ability-to-grow-your-access-to-cash

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.