Image Map

Thursday 22 March 2012

February Empties

This post is really late, I apologise, I have been a busy bee. If you follow me on twitter you might have seen the picture of a birthday cake I made for my boyfriend last week, in the shape of a particular car. I'd never made a proper shaped cake with fondant and things before and it was rather difficult but he loved it so I feel all proud :)

Anyway, you may have noticed I also haven't posted a february favourites video so far this month, and that's because I am not going to do one, there simply hasn't been anything stand out shout about favourite for me in february, and I'd rather not fib and make it up, so I decided just to do an empties post this month instead!

febemptiesedit


Only three items, AGAIN! I don't know how some people manage to use so much stuff up, because it takes me ages, but I have already used a few for March so I'm looking forward to that post.

Vichy Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution
£11 from Boots

I've mentioned before that I prefer the La Roche Posay Micellar solution, and I still stand by that, in fact I recently took advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 offer and bought 4 bottles, but if you can't get your mitts on that one, the Vichy option is a fairly good alternative. For me it doesn't feel as clean, as if it is lifting the dirt from my skin as efficiently, and it feels as if I need to use more product to get the same level of cleansing as the La Roche Posay, but it is a little bit gentler on my eye area.

Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex
£22.50 for 1.75ml (1ml Sample shown)

I received this sample in my Glossybox, way back, and wasn't sure what to think of it as I knew the full size was so expensive. It is a lovely lip balm, and smells nicely fruity, a berry scent I think, but it is aimed at being anti-aging, and I think unless you can afford to happily shell out a ridiculous amount for a lipbalm it really isn't worth it. My Nivea SOS lipbalm has the same levels of hydration for a fraction of the price.

Lee Stafford Treatment for Hair
£7.99 from Boots

I've mentioned this countless times before in my videos, as it is a repeated favourite of mine, and a constant repurchase. I use this treatment, which is meant to help your hair reach its maximum length, as a root booster and moisturising treatment once a week. I usually slap this on the roots, and a deep moisturiser to the ends of my hair after shampooing. I then clip my hair up for a while and then wash out and follow with conditioner. It leaves my roots feeling soft and nourished, though a little weighed down, which is why I have stopped using it every time I wash my hair. 
You can usually get this with some money knocked off or on a 3 for 2 offer, so is worth trying out if you haven't before.

Have you tried any of these products before? Would you try them again?
:) xo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.