Image Map

Saturday 24 March 2012

Like Butta!

I got my mitts on some Revlon Lip Butter's yesterday, they were just sitting there in my tiny little Boots store (it's the one near where I work, and when I say tiny I mean tiny!) Obviously I tweeted straight away, and then applied one of the shades as I walked to work, I was that excited.

As you do when you buy something new and you have a blog, some photograph taking and swatching was in order, so here they are, I purchased some of the brightest shades, and all shades without shimmer. I've never been a huge fan of shimmer, so that was just a personal preference, and I went for bright shades as I was able to swatch them at different opacities on my hand so they seemed the most versatile. I am seriously looking forward to giving these a go this summer!

revlonlipbuttersedit1

From left to right these are Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple and Sweet Tart, and these swatches are with 1-2 swipes. The colour shows up nicely and the texture is lovely and smooth as expected.


revlonlipbuttersedit2

Again top to bottom these are in the same order, and these are a medium opacity swatch I would say. I could definitely build them up some more if I wanted, but this is probably how I would wear them.

You might just be able to make out that these do catch a little on any flakiness, and I wouldn't say that they could take the place of a lip balm, or my Korres Lip Butter, they simply aren't moisturising enough. For what is sold as a lip butter I think of them more as a glossy sheer lipstick, and would definitely put a balm underneath for everyday wear.

I haven't had a chance to properly test these out for wear, but I suspect they will need quite a bit of reapplying during the day. I am no stranger to this however, and the price isn't so steep that it would ever really annoy me.

(currently they are in the 3 for 2, and if you're lucky like me you might get a £2 off Revlon voucher with your advantage card leaflet this month)

I hope that Boots eventually carry more of the shades of these, my local store had 8 shades, though online there are more, and I know in America that there are many more. I know I would like to try a few more of them out. What about you? Have you tried any yet?

1 comment :

  1. Great post. I have a few of them too, and they seem to flake and clump on me in areas. I like my one peach one I have, but the others eh. I like your swatches though. They seem to look better on you than me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.