Image Map

Wednesday 29 February 2012

NOTD: Nubar Treasure


Happy Leap Day everyone! I wanted to post something today but wasn't really sure what as I have lots of posts scheduled at the moment so I thought a little NOTD would be appropriate.

I picked up Nubar Treasure a couple of weeks ago from FeelUnique.com after hearing wonderful things about Nubar Gem I almost placed an order for that one before Treasure caught my eye. It is a beautiful purple with holographic glitter which causes it to reflect pink and gold as well.

 I had never tried Nubar before and was a little wary as I find some brands who use the 3-free formulations (free of DBP (phthalate), formaldehyde and toluene) sometimes have slightly gloopy formulas but this polish went on smoothly and easily, I actually applied it while stood at the bus stop with no problems! I think next time I place a Feel Unique order I will definitely pick up another of these, possibly the famous Gem, but potentially the equally beautiful Brilliant.

nubartreasure


This image is taken with one coat of OPI A Grape Fit underneath one coat of Nubar Treasure, which I found is the easiest way to get some opacity, but I have worn Treasure on its own and achieved opacity with three coats. I have a layer of Seche Vite to protect the polish on here and the polish didn't start to chip until after about three days wear, which may seem like a short amount of time, but my polish usually chips in just one! (I know at work I really put them to the test, and washing my hair always seems to wear away the cap of polish I paint along the edge)

The polish isn't cheap, as with all 3-Free formulas, but is a little cheaper than most coming in at £7.85 with free delivery, for me this is definitely worth it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.