Image Map

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Updated Skincare

skincare

It is autumn, the transition between seasons, which means it is time to change up our skincare a little bit.

Skincare has always been a bit of a battle for me, with my normal/combination very acne prone skin, which has also undergone roaccutane treatment so can also be very dehydrated.
I don't like to change up products often but there were a few items I had been lusting after for a while, I had heard about them all over YouTube and other blogs, so I knew I wanted to give them a try. I had been studying the skincare guru Caroline Hirons' blog religiously to try and gather information about the sorts of products I should be using and I settled upon the following.

Cleanser:
The Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm has become a bit of a cult product. A thick balm that melts to an oil when rubbed into the skin this balm feels very luxurious. I massage it into the skin, heat up a flannel and steam my face before buffing lightly to both remove the product and gently exfoliate. I love how this makes my skin feels, it is fresh feeling as it has a slight herbal scent, and generally leaves my skin feeling glowy and clean with no residue.

Toner:
Caroline recommended an exfoliating toner followed by a hydrating toner. I couldn't get my mitts on some of the London based ones, but I do have a Clarins counter in my town so I picked up the Gentle Exfoliator, which I sweep all over my face after cleansing on alternate days. It leaves my face feeling fresh and smooth, but is a little expensive for the size of the bottle. I would love to get some Pixi Glow Tonic at some point.
I follow this up with the Dr Jart+ Moist Moist Water Act Skin Mist, this is a spray toner which just helps rehydrate a little after the exfoliator and sure up the skin's barrier. This is may be the step I am least comfortable with as it involves spraying it on and leaving it there, which feels wrong to me, but spraying it on a cotton pad and wiping my face also doesn't feel right with this product. I may change this when I have finished the bottle. I also use this one in the morning after cleansing.

Serum:
I am a big fan of the Dr Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream, which is what inspired me to look at the skincare from the same range, the Most Moist Water Up Serum is a light gel formula that is marketed for tired and stressed skin. It has a triple act formula with three active ingredients, plus it is packed with hyaluronic acid to plump up the skin's hydration levels. This serum has Oat extract which helps to soothe irritation and okra extract to soften skin and provides cactus flower extract for anti inflammatory properties.
I pop this on morning and night and it feels very refreshing, prepping my skin perfectly for my moisturiser.

Treatment:
Alpha H Liquid Gold has a huge cult following, and for a long time I have resisted purchasing it, selecting other high street products which claimed to do the same thing instead. Well unfortunately with this one it isn't just hype, I use this on alternate days as a treatment, applying after cleansing and leaving it on with nothing else and it leave my skin looking radiant, clear and soft by morning. I would go so far as to say this is addictive, I have to stop myself using it all the time.
I got my huge bottle from QVC on offer  and I recommend that you do also, as the normal bottle is not much cheaper, and half the size. I have very sensitive skin and I haven't reacted to the product, it leaves my skin tingly in a good way, it is very satisfying to use.

As you can see I haven't included my moisturisers or masks here, thats because I am not sure which ones to try for next. I need a new set of moisturisers for autumn, and am considering the Karin Herzog Oxygen Face Cream (if it is good enough for the Duchess, it is good enough for me!) but for the time being I am using Bio Oil in the evening (trying to shift those acne scars) and Eucerin Aquaporin Active Light in the day time. For masks I shall be visiting the Origins counter, I have heard so much I can no longer resist!

Do you have any recommendations for good day and night moisturisers?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.